These tasty air fryer potatoes are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. They’re perfect alongside an entree or as an ingredient in other recipes.
Fried potatoes are comfort food for me, but they’re usually full of unhealthy fat that I don’t need. When I got my air fryer, making potatoes like these was the first thing that popped into my head. Sure, you can do lots with an air fryer but a healthier alternative to deep-fried potatoes is a real plus. If you haven’t made air fryer potatoes yet, give these a try.
The ingredients for these potatoes are simple:
- Yukon Gold potatoes – for two people, one large (8 oz or more) potato is probably enough if you’re making a side dish of potatoes.
- Garlic powder and onion powder – an easy way to add flavor.
- Jane’s Krazy Mixed-up Salt – adds salt along with other seasonings.
- Fresh-cracked pepper – optional, but adds a bite to the potatoes.
- Extra virgin olive oil – adds a bit of flavor and helps the seasonings adhere to the potatoes. A teaspoon is all you need. Avocado oil spray is an alternative option. I know people who don’t use oil at all with their air fryer potatoes.
Why use Yukon Gold Potatoes?
These are the Goldilocks of potatoes. They’re not too waxy and not too starchy. They’re just right for lots of things, especially these potatoes. It’s easy to get them crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. And, because the skin is thin, you don’t need to peel them unless you want to.
Making Air Fryer Potatoes
Wash the potatoes and cut them into cubes or strips, whichever you prefer. I used cubes because I made these to go in a breakfast burrito, and I wanted small pieces. Stir in the oil and seasonings.
Times might vary, but 24 minutes at 400 degrees should work for most air fryers. Put the seasoned potatoes in for 12 minutes, remove them, and stir them up; then put them back in the air fryer for another 12 minutes. At the end of that time, you’ll have nicely browned, delicious potatoes like the ones shown below.
Alternative Air Fryer Potato Seasonings
Depending on what you plan to serve these with or how spicy you like things, consider adding some cayenne pepper, ground chili pepper, or red pepper flakes. I sometimes add a little ground cumin too. Experiment with spices that you like.
Easy Air Fryer Potatoes
- 8 ounces Yukon gold potatoes cut into cubes or slices
- ¼ teaspoon Jane’s Krazy Mixed-up Salt or other seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- Optional black pepper to taste
- Wash the potatoes and cut them into cubes or strips, whichever you prefer.
- Stir in the oil and seasonings.
- Spread them on the air fryer tray and put them in the air fryer.
- Set the air dryer to 400 degrees and cook the potatoes for 12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes, remove them and stir them up.
- Put them back in the air fryer for another 12 minutes or until the potatoes are nicely browned.