This delicious garlic roasted asparagus is a quick, easy-to-make side dish. It goes well with other side dishes and any major protein.Jump to Recipe
About Garlic Roasted Asparagus
I associate fresh asparagus with spring. I see it sitting upright in the produce section and can’t wait to take it home and cook it up. I’ve always been a fan of asparagus, even when my mother took the canned variety out of the pantry, put it on a bed of lettuce, and called it a salad. That worked for me as a kid, but now I look for tender fresh asparagus spears and cook them right away. These garlic roasted asparagus spears are the perfect side dish for almost any meal.
Look at that picture. That’s it! All you need is one bunch of fresh asparagus, some extra virgin olive oil, and fresh garlic. Asparagus is low in calories and high in nutrients. Go here to read some great things about asparagus.
Making Garlic Roasted Asparagus
Snap off the Hard Bottoms
Asparagus breaks off easily. If you played with your veggies as a kid, go back in your mind to those days and have fun snapping the asparagus. You definitely want those hard bottom parts of the spears off before you transform the tender spears into roasted asparagus.
After rinsing the asparagus, take each spear and hold it in both hands near the base and snap off the hard bottom part of the stalk.
Add Seasonings to the Asparagus
Transfer the spears to a large plate and coat each one with the garlic and olive oil mixture. Then put the spears onto a small cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Put the oil-coated spears into a 425 degree (F) oven for 12-15 minutes and then serve your very own garlic roasted asparagus.
As a side dish, garlic roasted asparagus pairs nicely with other veggies, rice, fish, or whatever you’re having for dinner. It also makes for an easy holiday side dish. If you like cheese, sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese on top. Check out edamame slaw for another colorful side dish.Print
Garlic Roasted Asparagus
This delicious garlic roasted asparagus is a quick, easy-to-make side dish. It goes well with other side dishes and any major protein.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Vegetarian
- Method: Roasted
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 T olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Using a colander or strainer, rinse the asparagus in under running water.
- Shake off the excess water or drain the asparagus on a kitchen towel.
- Mince the garlic or put it through a garlic press.
- Mix the garlic and the olive oil in a small bowl.
- Snap off the ends of each asparagus stalk.
- Put the asparagus stalks on a large plate.
- Drizzle the oil and garlic mixture onto the asparagus, using your hands to coat each stalk thoroughly.
- Put the oiled asparagus onto a small cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Put the asparagus in the preheated oven and roast for 12-15 minutes.
Keywords: roasted asparagus, easy asparagus recipe
Products used in this recipe