This easy-to-make grapefruit fizz is refreshing on a hot summer day or any day! Serve this cocktail to your friends or mix up a few and make new friends.Jump to Recipe
This grapefruit fizz cocktail is the last in a series of super-quick recipes with just a few ingredients. It’s summer, we’re traveling, and we’re keeping things simple. The other three easy summer recipes are lentil tacos, avocado quinoa salad, and cardamom cream slush. But this cocktail is not just for summer drinking; it’s great any time of the year.
Making a Grapefruit Fizz
Use the following three ingredients: Deep Eddy Ruby Red vodka, pomegranate juice, and grapefruit sparkling water. If you’re only making one cocktail, just pour those three ingredients over ice and stir.
To make this cocktail for a group, put the vodka and pomegranate juice into a shaker or tall glass, shake it or stir it, and then put 3 ounces of that mixture into each ice-filled glass. Add four ounces of sparkling water to each glass and stir. You don’t have to use grapefruit slices, but if you do those slices soak up the vodka and juice. That makes for a juicy treat after you have downed the cocktail. Orange slices work too.
The Story of this Cocktail
I was in the liquor store one day looking for ingredients for sangria. As I headed toward the checkout line, I noticed the “mini-bar” section where the store puts their collection of little sample bottles, AKA airline bottles. The Deep Eddy Ruby Red vodka caught my eye. As a native Texan, I’m always eager to support Texas products. I had no idea what I would do with that vodka but I bought a mini bottle and headed home.
We always have pomegranate juice and La Croix grapefruit sparkling water around the house. I grabbed those ingredients and fiddled around with the ratios until I was happy with it. By then, the mini bottle was empty, so the next time I was out shopping, I picked up a regular-sized bottle of Deep Eddy Ruby Red vodka. I tried out the cocktail on my spouse and a willing neighbor. With their approval, the drink was born.
Did you know?
The Austin, TX pool named Deep Eddy is listed as a historic landmark on the National Register of Historic Places. Read more about it here, or just visit Austin and take a dip.Print
Grapefruit Fizz Cocktail
This easy-to-make grapefruit fizz cocktail is refreshing on a hot summer day or any day. With just three ingredients, you can have this cocktail ready in minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: Two 8-oz cocktails 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stirred or shaken
- Cuisine: American
- 2 ounces Deep Eddy Ruby Red Vodka (or other grapefruit vodka)
- 4 ounces of pomegranate juice
- 8 ounces of La Croix grapefruit sparkling water
- (Optional) Slices of fresh grapefruit and mint sprigs
- Measure the vodka and pomegranate juice into a shaker or tall glass.
- Shake or stir the vodka and pomegranate juice.
- Pour 3 ounces of the vodka and pomegranate juice mixture into each ice-filled glass.
- Add four ounces of La Croix grapefruit sparkling water to each glass and stir.
- (Optional) Garnish with fresh grapefruit and mint sprigs.
- Serve and enjoy!
- La Croix labels their grapefruit sparkling water as “Pamplemousse”. If you can’t find the La Croix brand, use any brand of grapefruit sparkling water.
- To make one cocktail, pour half the amount of each ingredient listed into an ice-filled glass and stir.
- If you like your cocktails stronger, just add more vodka.
- Serving Size: 1 cocktail
Keywords: grapefruit fizz cocktail, cocktail