Mexican Fried Rice
This quick and easy Mexican fried rice recipe is a delicious side dish for all kinds of meals. Pair it with other Mexican foods like enchiladas or quesadillas or serve it alongside fish or meat dishes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 2C rice, cooked
- 2 T oil, avocado, sunflower, or olive
- 2 T tomato paste
- 1/4 C yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced or put through a garlic press
- 1/2 C red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 C frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 tsp green chile powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Chop the onion and bell pepper and put the garlic through a garlic press.
- Put the oil in a large skillet and set the heat to medium.
- Add the chopped onion and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Put in the minced garlic and cook another minute or so.
- Add the chopped bell pepper and stir, cooking all of these ingredients for another two minutes.
- Using a spoon or spatula, add the tomato paste and the spices.
- Stir these ingredients well, smashing the tomato paste into the other ingredients and stirring until it is well blended.
- Add the thawed corn and combine all of these ingredients.
- Increase the heat a bit and stir until some of the rice is starting to brown.
Keywords: Mexican fried rice, Spanish fried rice, spicy fried rice