Start your day off with this quinoa fruit bowl! Fresh fruit and quinoa combine to make a delicious breakfast bowl full of the good stuff that will keep you going.
I’ve eaten this breakfast bowl as a nice light breakfast, a healthy side dish, and a mid-morning snack. I love fresh fruit in the morning and adding quinoa turns a little bit of fruit into a power dish. Protein and fresh fruit supply the healthy goodness that you need to head out the door and get going.Jump to Recipe
Quinoa and your favorite fruit are all you need for this breakfast bowl. Pick the fruits that you love. I think strawberries, blueberries, and bananas make a great combo, but eat what you like. You can use frozen fruit if you want. Nuts and seeds add some flavor so if you have those on hand, sprinkle some on top. That’s it for ingredients, but you might want to add some dressing like a raspberry vinegarette or you can try our honey poppyseed dressing.
Start by cooking the quinoa and letting it cool. Because mornings can be such a rush, it’s a good idea to cook the quinoa the night before and stick it in the fridge. Then in the morning you can scoop some into a bowl and add the fruit on top. If you go with frozen fruit, you can speed up the prep by putting the frozen fruit in a container in the fridge to thaw overnight. If you choose fresh fruit, rinse it before adding it to the bowl.
To assemble the quinoa fruit bowl add about half a cup of cooked quinoa into a bowl. Slice the fruit and arrange it. Add some nuts or seeds, pour a little dressing if you want, and eat.Quinoa fruit bowl with pumpkin and sunflower seeds on top
Are you ever really in a rush in the mornings? Do you ever eat breakfast at your desk at work? We’ve all been there. The great thing about this quinoa fruit bowl is its portability. Assemble it in a jar, starting with the fruit and topping it off with the quinoa. When you get to work, turn it upside down into a bowl and start munching away. Prepare this the night before and grab it on your way out the door. Just because you work hard doesn’t mean you can’t have a healthy breakfast or mid-morning snack.
Quinoa Fruit Bowl
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cups fresh or frozen fruit
- Optional ¼ cup walnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions.
- Refrigerate the quinoa for at least 30 minutes or put it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Wash the fruit (if you use fresh fruit).
- If you use frozen fruit, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Put the cooled quinoa in a bowl.
- Cut the fruit and arrange it on top of the quinoa.
- Add nuts and/or seeds if you want.
- Add dressing if you want. Some options are raspberry vinegarette or honey poppyseed dressing.