Try this Asian-inspired sesame ginger dressing on slaw, noodles, and stir-fry meals. This tangy, light dressing is perfect on slaws, soba noodles, or udon noodles. It goes great with fish and shrimp too.
We created this dressing to go with our colorful edamame slaw, but we liked it so much we started pouring and drizzling it on other things too. Try it on soba or udon noodles, stir-fry, or shrimp and fish. We used it when we made salmon with bok choy and soba noodles.Jump to Sesame Ginger Recipe
- Miso paste – Adds a salty umami flavor.
- Oils – Use sunflower or other light oil and sesame oil for the distinctive Asian flavor.
- Honey – Adds sweetness to offset the other flavors. Substitute agave nectar or brown sugar to make this dressing vegan.
- Sesame seeds – Sprinkle on at the end for a little added flavor and texture.
- Garlic – For a nice allium flavor.
- Ginger – Adds a spicy flavor.
- Liquid ingredients – Soy sauce, Lime juice, & Rice vinegar
Round up these items and start whisking. You’ll need a measuring cup or bowl to mix things, measuring spoons, a grater for the ginger, and a citrus squeezer for the limes. See Easy Hacks below if you want to shorten your prep time.
Put everything in a bowl or mixing cup and whisk.
Grating ginger, squeezing limes, and mincing garlic are all fun things to do. Wait, what? They can be fun things to do when you have lots of time and you’re into the whole Zen of cooking thing. But there are times when you’re in a hurry. Don’t feel guilty about using the squeeze bottles of lime juice in the produce section of your grocery store. While you’re there check out the tubes of ginger and garlic. We keep all of these items on hand. Yeah, sometimes we do it all from scratch and sometimes we take the easy way. No judgment here.Print
Sesame Ginger Dressing
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 ounces 1x
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey (substitute mirin to make it vegan)
- ½ to 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1.5 teaspoon ginger
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- Squeeze about two limes or use pre-made lime juice.
- Grate 1.5 teaspoon of ginger or use pre-made ginger paste.
- Add each ingredient to a small mixing bowl or mixing cup.
- Stir with a wire whisk.
Use 1/2 or 1 tsp of sesame oil, depending on your preference.